Monday, July 27, 2009

A tribute to American Express

Okay, I am not promoting getting credit cards and spending money you don't have on them. However, I do like the American Express card and the company as a whole. Amex is the only credit card John and I own. We do follow Dave Ramsey finanacial advice almost 100%, but sorry Dave these cards have gotten us 4 free plane tickets this summer! So, we try to be as strategic as possible if we use the Amex.
Well, this card was also stolen this weekend - mine and John's! We do not use the card much, so if American Express had not called to ask about some recent skeptical purchases, I am not sure when we would have noticed. Who knew they track your spending patterns and when some crook tried to by $1300 worth of electronics at Best Buy, it was a major red flag on our cards!
How did they both get stolen, you ask? Well, you might call it a little foolish on our part (which is why we are very thankful Amex noticed). We were in Philly and it was beautiful Saturday. We decided to take a picnic lunch outside. We didn't go to a park, but just went out in the grass in the townhome commnuity where John is living this summer. We were outside eating for only about 25 mins and maybe 20 feet from the front door, so we did not lock it. Well, some creeper must have been watching and came right inside to snatch the cards. Thankfully, the creeper was not very smart because they choose to not take the cash in my wallet (only $30, but still!), our phones, my camera, my work laptop, debit cards, licences, etc.
I always thought I was immune to this stuff, but innocent I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment