Sunday, July 5, 2009

Life in Philly

Hello to all of you who follow our lives...

Since the summer is now half over it is about time to update you on life in Philly AND post my first entry to "our" blog. So, I am working at Centocor Ortho Biotech a division of Johnson and Johnson. I am sure you are first wondering - "I thought Johnson & Johnson only sold baby shampoo." I am glad you asked… JnJ is really made up of over 250+ distinct operating companies spread throughout the world. They make everything from insulin pumps, to chemo drugs, to baby shampoo. Some of the brands you’re probably more familiar with in our consumer group are Tylenol, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Acuvue, Clean and Clear, Visine, and Listerine…just to name a few. The op-co (short for operating company) I work for this summer makes both immunology and oncology biologic drugs. Our drugs treat patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer to name a few.

So, day to day that is my life here in Horsham, PA. I love the team I work for and the folks at JnJ. Everyone I am surrounded with is at the top of their game. It is interesting to work in a different part of the country and a completely different sector then I am used to. I feel like I am learning so much every day my head hurts.

While the internship and company are great, marriage long distance style is not great! Although we have been able to see each other pretty much every weekend, at times I think we both feel like we are living out of a suitcase in a revolving door of new cities. So far this summer there has been Charlotte, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston...We love traveling and seeing parts of the country we have never experienced – BUT - I think we are both ready for the pace of travel to slow down at the end of the summer. Thankfully we practiced our long distance relationship building skills for a while during lele's college years :) So, we like to think we are pros at it! However, each weekend brings the usual rekindle and 48 hours later the tearful goodbye. This week however lele is staying for 10 whole days! We almost do not know what to do with this gift of added time and proximity.

Lele will catch you up on our many travels throughout this foreign land. As an FYI, people up here have been a lot nicer and more hospitable than they are made to seem in the movies. Before you know it the summer will be over and you'll have a second blog post from me!!!

I’m off to make a facebook page now!


No comments:

Post a Comment