Tuesday, July 24, 2012

3rd Annual Mimi Camp

Usually just Caroline heads to Mimi camp in the summer.  This summer I really lucked out though!  It is my first summer not working, so Annie went for her first Mimi camp in early June and I had some time with just Caroline.  Then next week, Caroline is going to go for a couple days and I will have some time with just Annie.  

BUT at the end of June, I went to Bham with both girls.  Isn't my mom the best!?  She loves us well and we had a great week.  Just in the last year (when I stopped working) I have made several trips to Bham for about a week at a time.  It is such a treat and works out well when John has to work long hours.  This trip was the best though because Mom was out of school for the summer too.  We stayed busy and  hit up some of our favorite places.

The Zoo

Caroline loves flamingos (probably because they are pink).

Splash pad at the Zoo.  Caroline is very shy around new people and in new places.  It probably took her 30 minutes to warm up to the splash pad.  She would run around it (not touching or running through a single fountain) over and over and say "I did it!"  Once she got comfortable, she did finally get wet and run in the fountains.  Mom and I couldn't stop laughing at her.  


Story time and some reading at the Library.  
(If you live in Bham and have kids you must go to the Vestavia Library story time.  It is the best one and I always make a point to go when in town).


As usual, Annie was absolutely exhausted at the end of everyday.  

We went to the pool a couple days

We loved seeing the English fam, but missed Lindsey!

And we had some great visits with my grandmother and aunt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment