Monday, June 25, 2012

6 months

I visited a newborn a couple weeks ago.  Actually a 1 month, but she seemed tiny to me - more like a one week old.  I still feel like I have a newborn, but I do not. at. all.   My baby is 6 months old.

Annie is now 15lbs. 7oz and 26 in.  She is trying to sit up on her own more and more.  She loves to play on her tummy.  She does not have any teeth yet, but she is a pro drooler.  She loves to watch her Caroline and lights up when she sees her.        

This month we dropped the sleep sack.  Now, Annie likes to sleep on her left side or her tummy. 

  She started rice cereal and then baby food.  Now taking baby food 3x per day.  So far so good.  We have only tried pears, apples, bananas, squash, and prunes.  Likes them all right now.  I have dropped to only nursing her once a day (in the mornings). Then, she has 3 bottles a day of about 6-7oz of formula.   


Annie is exhausted and ready for bed by 7pm.  Sadly, I cannot seem to get my act together very much  to always get home from the park, pool, etc and have her bathed and fed by 7pm.  So, a lot of the time we bring her bedtime bottle and pjs with us.  She falls asleep in the car and then seems to transition fine to the crib.  She is sleeping from about 7:30pm to 6:30am.  Her morning nap is about 1.5 to 2 hours.  And afternoon nap about the same.    


Annie has all of a sudden become very loud.  She is quite the squealer!  She has just learned the "bababababa" sound and repeats it all the time.  She wakes up babbling that every morning.  Such sweet sounds even if they are loud. 

I cannot believe you are 1/2 a year already Annie! We love you and love watching you grow and change each day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment