Monday, November 7, 2011

One More

This is for sure the last post of Caroline's birthday, but I do want an update for my records on what she is doing right now.  

When we went to the doc for C's 2 year check up, she weighed 26 lbs and was 34 inches tall.  A little petite for her age, but growing for sure!


  C is still miss chatty.  I feel like we have full-on conversations.  It is so fun talking with her.  Every once and a while I cannot understand a word she says.  When I try to guess what she is saying, she just laughs and giggles if I am not right.  She totally knows when I cannot figure it out and thinks it is hilarious.  She is a total sponge and repeats everything.   

She has moved to a big girl bed as of a week ago.  She seems to love it and has had no issues adjusting.  I think she loves that we can cuddle up with her and snuggle in bed now.  She hasn't even gone to look in the nursery for her crib.  Sleeping still remains one of the major things I am so grateful for with Caroline.  She still about 11-12 hours at night and takes a 2.5 to 3 hour afternoon nap.  I am afraid and preparing myself I might never have another child that sleeps this much each day.     


She LOVES her baby dolls (hoping this is a good sign of a real baby coming soon)! She loves feeding them, strolling them, making sure they are wrapped in their blankie, and of course "changing" their diapers.

She also loves coloring and putting puzzles together.  We got a new coloring book the other day and within 2 days she had literally colored over every inch of paper in the book.   


Dancing and singing continue to be favorites as well.  One song we have been singing for a while now is "Jesus Love Me" and C is very close to singing the whole thing on her own.  She prefers to do it alone already, but still needs a little help.  Just last night, John tried to sing with her and she would not let him.  I could listen to her sing it all day long.  Some of the sweetest sounds and words I have ever heard!     


I am learning Caroline likes to know the expectations and boundaries.  She responds best to this method.  Don't quickly pull her away from something she is focused on and enjoying.  She likes to take her time and doesn't want to be rushed.  She has always been this way.  I appreciate this quality in Caroline.  Especially, in this hurried and busy life we live.  She is a good reminder for me to slow down.     

Other things to note:
  • Loves school and her teachers - talks about them all the time
  • Not interested in potty training, but loves to tell me when she needs to go to the bathroom.  No desire to sit on the potty though 
  • Loves books
  • Does not like getting dressed 
  • Loves to take her shoes and socks off and put her socks on her hands to make "puppets" 
  • Timeout and temper tantrums are almost always daily occurrences   
  • C has just learned that a red light means "stop" and green light means "go" So, while driving around town she is always quick to tell me if the light is red or green
  • She knows all the main colors and basic shapes (heart, triangle, circle, square). 
  • Can count to 10, but usually forgets 7
C, it is an absolute joy to be your mother!  We could not have asked for an easier child .  We love watching you grow and learn each day.  We cannot wait to see what the Lord has prepared for you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment