Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day

Little munchkin had her first day of preschool yesterday.  Every little milestone and new season is hard to believe and I suppose it will continue that way with each baby at each stage.   


It is crazy for me to look at these pictures of C holding the staple preschool tote bag when I can remember many pictures of myself doing the same thing.  This picture (above) also reminds me of a picture of her Daddy's first day of preschool found here.  


Wednesday was "meet the teacher" day so, by Thursday, C marched right in her classroom comfortably and never looked back.  She had a  great first day and hasn't stopped talking about "school" since.     


The first thing she said after her nap yesterday afternoon was, "Mommy, I go school."
And today, while pushing her shopping cart around the house, she said, "I go school, bye."


We are excited about this year for C and the first "school" experience to learn and, as hard as it is to say, be without mommy and daddy.  Part of me wants to keep her with me as long as possible.  To protect her from the hurt this world will throw at her as she gets older.  But, I know that is impossible and I am not (thankfully) ultimately the One in control.  We feel great about sending her to this preschool and pray for her teachers and new friends this year.   

1 comment:

  1. She is s cute! I love those pink shorts. Soak up these years. They are such a joy!

    ReplyDelete