Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekends, Bible Study, and More Preschool

Our weekends seem to be jam packed right now.  I am not even sure how that happened.  We were trying to create more margin with our time this fall.  All fun and exciting things, but I think I will enjoy when things slow down around the time baby #2 arrives.  Until then, we are having lots of fun staying on the go. We headed to Bham for Labor day weekend to visit Mimi.    

As funny as it sounds, Bham seems like a vacation spot for us sometimes.  It is always so laid back, relaxing, and just a slower pace.  It is a treat to have mom's help for a whole weekend too! 

It was nice to have the Monday holiday and stay an extra day.  Saturday was a perfect summer day so we went swimming and enjoyed being outside. 

The start to college football is always a favorite time of year in our house.  Caroline cheered hard for her Auburn tigers! John and I squeezed in a birthday date to celebrate my 27th.  Per my request, we grabbed pizza at one of my favorite spots and watched football.  I just wanted something simple: good food, time together, and no little one for the night.  

Caroline was on cloud 9 all weekend.  I don't know exactly what it was, but she had this look on her face most of the time.  She kept looking at the TV and screaming, "football!"  She is my child, indeed!

We were able to squeeze time in with several friends too.  Erin was in town and joined us for the AU game. Mel and Rus were in town again from HK.  And we had a big family cookout with the English clan.  

Since I have not had any preggo pics, this is me at 26 weeks below.  

And last weekend, my college friends all came to Atlanta and we celebrated Turner with a girls weekend.  Her wedding is in November.  One of the things I love most about my friends: Saturday we all wanted to go get pedicures which happened to be at the same time as the Auburn game.  So, we grabbed some diet coke, headed to the nail place, (thankfully they had a large flat screen), and we enjoyed game while being pampered.  How awesome does that sound?!   

Fun to stay in a hotel in your own city and walk the streets I usually only drive on.  


This week I started a bible study while C is at preschool one day.  Have I mentioned I stopped working part-time to stay at home full-time now? I am thrilled about it.  The study is at a different church and I went not knowing anyone (which I was kind of nervous about).  First person I run into is another mom of a little girl in Caroline's class.  Turns out I knew several other people too.  Excited to read this book and gain wisdom from other moms.   


John took Caroline to preschool one day this week.  I am not sure who was more excited, Caroline or John? He is normally at work super early so it was a treat for both of them.  Caroline insisted her baby be in the picture too.  Thankfully, the baby didn't go to school.  Week 2 and she is still loving "school."  In fact, she asked if she could go tomorrow!   

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment