Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Best of 2010

2010 seemed like a very quick whirlwind, but it was a good year, indeed. John and I love to sit down at the end of a year and recap the good, the bad, all of it. It is good for us to look back and see what the Lord has done in our lives in just a short year. We also love to look at the year ahead. We don't exactly make resolutions, but we like to set goals, share desires for the upcoming year, etc. Last year, I made a short recap of some highlights. As I was thinking through the year I think we went to 10 weddings in 2010. There were so many great adventures it was hard to narrow down a list of favorites, but I tried!

Sorry for the very long blog post (mainly just for myself) to document our memories!

I got to kickoff 2010 with my college friends reunion. Caroline joined this reunion and met some of the Auburn girls for the first time.
In February, two of our best friends married each other.
Apparently, I didn't take many pictures in March and April, but we had a great spring attending the Masters, celebrating Easter in Atlanta, a weekend in Birmingham and Lindsey and Blake got engaged!

In May, John graduated from business school.
Mom and I took a girls trip to Orlando for a friend's wedding-
JP's first weekend alone with the munchkin and he did great!

We also bought our first house in May!
On the same weekend in June, John turned 30 and celebrated his first Father's day.
In the spring, summer, and fall, we spent several weekends enjoying the lake with friends and family.

In July, we had a family reunion with John's fam in North Georgia, Caroline's baby dedication, and the beginning of celebrating 4 weddings in 4 weeks in 4 different cities!

We took several summer beach trips.

In September, I flew to DC on my birthday! I met JP there on a work trip and we celebrated my birthday in the Capital for the night.

Caroline made her first trip to Auburn in the fall and the football season was also a huge highlight of 2010 (obviously)!
In October, I began celebrating more upcoming marriages with 2 bachelorette weekends and one wedding.
This baby girl turned one and had fun being a cow for Halloween.
Thanksgiving trip to Seattle and the Northwest.
And I got to close out the year the same way it started...a reunion with college friends for Ivy's wedding!
Happy New Year All!

No comments:

Post a Comment