Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Duncan 1 and 2 months

I am playing major catch up on the little man, but I am determined to document as much as I can this first year with our sweet boy.  I wanted to put these two posts together because I love the comparison.  In month 1 D looks half asleep and by month 2 it is like he woke up to check out whats going on in the world!  

(Bullet points below are for me and totally random.  Duncan is almost 3 months as I write and I am trying to go back and remember as I type). 

Stats at 1 month:
10 lbs (50%) and 23.75 in. (98%)

  • My most alert baby 
  • Loves to sleep on his tummy (we do this during the day for naps as we have a pack in play downstairs in the den)
  • Sadly, doesn't get a bath very often, but thankfully babies smell good anyway
  • From the start could take 3-4 hour stretches at night
  • The first month I had a hard time getting little man to go back to sleep after a feeding in the middle of the night - never usually crying just awake
  • He spits up the least of any of my kids
  • He kicks and moves more than I remember the girls doing 
  • Takes a bottle great
  • Loves his paci
  • He lives in a carseat, stroller, baby bjorn, or the pack in play
  • He gained above his birth weight pretty quickly so I stopped waking him up for feedings in the middle of the night early on (probably around 2 weeks).  At some point towards the end of that month he would do a 4-5 hour stretch.



Stats at 2 months:
12lbs 10oz (50%) and 24.50 in (98%)
  • Still alert and awake lots during the day - He lives on "cat naps."
  • Around 3-8 weeks I felt like he was pretty fussy during the day too (due to being tired and on the go so much). 
  • At 2 months, He would typically take a 6 hour stretch at night.  I fed him around 9:30pm, put him down, and he would wake up around 3 or 3:30, feed him, and then go back down until about 6:30am.  
  • Started grinning and smiling around 8 weeks
  • He seemed to be a little more predictable and into a small routine by 8 weeks
  • More content when awake once we got past 8 weeks or so
  • When we have gone out of town he loves sleeping in the moses basket, so I put that in his crib to sleep inside 
  • Went to Birmingham and to the lake Hartwell for the first time 
  • Loves to push up against my legs and "stand" when I hold him facing me 
  • Still has a good amount of hair, but has lost lots compared to birth

No comments:

Post a Comment