Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Two and a half

Oh, this little girls keeps me on my toes.  She is officially two and a half.     
She is cautious and timid and does not take a risk at anything.  At the same time, she is strong willed and knows exactly what she wants.  She wants to do everything all by herself.  She is shy and quiet in any new environment and will not open up until she is comfortable.  Once she is comfortable, she is a social butterfly.  
She talks all day long and asks questions even more.  Today she asked me, "Mommy, who built our house?" Out of the blue.  I don't know how these things pop in her head.  Every time she hears a new word she says, "oh, I don't know that word."  
She is a diva and as girly as the come! She loves to play and pretend. 
Curious George might be her best friend.  
Two things she definitely got from her Daddy: sleeping and eating.  She has always been a good eater and the girl can sleep a lot! 
She does not like preschool anymore.  I am not sure exactly why, but pretty sure it has something to do with me and Annie being together while she is at school.  She doesn't cry, but just says she doesn't want to play.  Hoping it is a short phase because she used to love it and she is going back next year.  Thankfully, it is almost summer!
She is witty and silly.  Makes us laugh daily.
Her nicknames are monkey and pumpkin.  Not sure how those started or clicked.    
She loves her paci and does not want to potty train yet.  I don't really care about either of these things right now and I am not pushing them.  We will figure it out this summer.  Like everyone says, "They will not go to kindergarten with a paci and in a diaper."  So, that is my motto.  

I cannot believe we are half way to three! What a fun journey it has been for 2.5 years.  We love you more than you know little monkey!   

No comments:

Post a Comment