Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Easter is my favorite holiday. We get to celebrate Jesus, but it is so much more laid back.  And I love that because of what Jesus did we have hope in this life.  

And let's be honest, I also love the more "holiday/marketing" aspects of Easter too.  Pastels, seersucker and southern clothes, warmer weather, the Masters (when it falls on Easter), and I swear Easter candy taste better in egg shape and/or pastel colors.  

John took a little time of work last Friday which was such a treat.  We are never just in town when he is off work (unless we are having a baby and that doesn't really count).  Anyway, we loved having a long weekend with him.  Friday, G and Buster came to visit and it was Annie's first time to meet Buster.  Sadly, I think Annie must have been scared away by Buster's new beard because she wanted nothing to do with him.  Regardless though, we always love our time together.    


We also enjoyed a cookout with some of my cousins Friday and then celebrating a good friend's birthday later that night.  Saturday, John and I headed to the Master's for the day.  We didn't even know what to do with 12 hours alone together.  It was heavenly to have a day with no agendas.  After we grabbed our favorite sandwiches we watched a few of our favorite golfers tee off.  Then, we camped out in the grass around the 16th hole where we spent the rest of the day talking and catching up.     


Sunday the girls woke up to some little treats in their baskets.  I love that Caroline (and obviously Annie) is still at the age where there are no expectations.  I put 3 eggs in each basket with 1 jellybean per egg and she was pumped! Plus, she got to eat them before breakfast.   


Caroline was thrilled and she basically gets two baskets as she also takes over Annie's.


Sweet Annie.  Just content and along for the ride.


I decided to start a tradition of putting books in their baskets.  That way we all win.  It is fun for the girls to have new books to add to our collection and I feel like they are getting something a little more meaningful and purposeful. 


After church, we headed to Bob's house (John's grandfather) for an egg hunt and lunch. 

I had a strange reality check when we took this picture.  I reached down to hold Caroline for the pic and she didn't want to be held.  She wanted to stand in front of us.  It was so unnatural for me to not be holding anyone and realize Caroline is tall enough to just stand up for the picture like a big girl.  Random, I know, but it is amazing to me how much she is growing up everyday and becoming more "independent" in her own way.    


Yaya and Annie


All the younger cousins


"Money Mommy!"


Caroline loves Mayson


I love a good bonnet on Easter in the South.
This was my dress and bonnet as a little girl and Caroline also wore it for her first Easter.


Happy Easter folks!  He is risen.  He is risen, indeed!






1 comment:

  1. Leigh, you look so great and your girls are just precious! Sometimes I think about when we were young (for some reason a picture of us roller skating together always comes to mind) and I can't believe we have kids of our own now. Glad y'all had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete