Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

I have been thinking about gratitude and thankfulness a lot this week. Probably because it is Thanksgiving, but I wish it was a perspective I had more often. I think gratefulness is one of the most attractive qualities in people. It embodies so much: wisdom, humility, selflessness, and contentment. A grateful spirit has such a unique outlook on life. Truly living life in the Lord’s presence. I feel like I am typically always looking ahead to the "when this happens" or "if I had this" mentality which can make you easily forget a grateful perspective. I posted a devotion on Thanksgiving last year and I always love to look back read it too. Check it out here. A very good challenge and reminder for me.

We are headed to Seattle this year for Thanksgiving with my family. I am so excited! My older brother, Matt, lives on Whidbey Island, WA (outside Seattle) and I have not been out there since Christmas '05. AND it is snowing there this week! I hope it sticks for a few more days.


This will be baby girl's first flight and it happens to be 5 hours long! Yikes. I have no expectations. Thankfully, Christian and Linsey will be on our flight too. You would think I am packing to take our family to the moon I have SO much stuff! John is going to flip when he sees all our bags!
It is also Iron Bowl week!! That's right, the Auburn/Alabama game is Friday! I am already nervous. If you are not familiar with this rivalry or game it is pretty much the biggest day of the year in the state of Alabama, ( I know that may sound pitiful to some of you out there) but it is like no other!
My mom made this precious Auburn dress for C this year. It has been her "game-day" outfit every Saturday this season.

I'm off to finish up packing!

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift." 2 Corinthians 9:15

Happy Thanksgiving and War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment