Friday, July 23, 2010

Today

Today, my dear friend, Melanie (and her husband, Rus) have moved across the world to Hong Kong.
Selfishly, I am sad. I am sad Mel will not be at upcoming friends' weddings and bachelorette weekends. I am sad when I go to Birmingham she will not be living 6 doors down from my mom's house. I am sad I cannot pick up the phone and call her anytime I want to call. Mel and I met when we were 5 years old as the only two little girls on our tee-ball team. Our friendship grew as we bonded over our dorky glasses in elementary school and crushes on boys in middle school. It seems we had almost every class together in high school. We lived together all four years of college, shared all our clothes, traveled Europe together, and stood beside one another as we married our hubby's.



BUT for Mel and Rus, I am so happy. Moving to Hong Kong has been their dream and in the works for over 2 years. They are trusting the Lord and going in faith to do something bigger than they can imagine. They have a passion for the people there and want to share Jesus with students. Mel is an amazing teacher and will teach at an English school. I could not be more proud of Melanie and Rus and their desire to go where the Lord is leading them. Check out their blog here to read more about their journey.

Mel and Rus, we love you guys and will miss you, but we know how much you will be loved in your new home city.

No comments:

Post a Comment