Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's

John and I both think Valentine's day can be pretty cheesy- a fun excuse to celebrate though! This morning we somehow started recapping some Valentine's days in the past. It was crazy to see how much our lives have changed over the last 5 six years and the different stages of life we were in each year. So, here it goes:

2005:
-I am studying abroad in Italy
-We have only been dating 8 months
-John sends me these roses
-I love that he sent yellow and not red...made it seem a little less Valentiney (I'm sure that is not a word)
-I am on cloud nine that this boy got in touch with a florist in the tiny town of Ariccia, Italy

2006:
-I am a junior at Auburn and come up to Atlanta early and surprise John at breakfast
-That night he cooks me dinner
-He gave me a pair of running shoes and decorated/wrapped this shoebox. It's "bless your heart" sweet, isn't it? :)

2007:
-3 days before our wedding
-We are in Birmingham
-We go to brunch together before going to get our marriage license and starting the wedding weekend

2008:
-First married Valentine's
-We went on a trip for our 1 year anniversary
-So we go to Maggiano's for a free dinner (gift card from Xmas)

2009:
-John is in grad school and studies all day
-We grab pizza for dinner
-Go to a Robert Earl Keen concert with Mark and Kristen
-I tell John, "I think I'm pregnant!"

2010:
-brunch with the little munchkin!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. BG! I love this post. goodness, time has flown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of ALL the valentine's posts I've read, THIS Is my favorite. What sweet perspective and memories!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet Leigh! caroline is so beautiful! hope you and John are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fun memories! Happy 3 year anniversary John & Leigh!

    ReplyDelete