Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sleeping updates, visitors, and preschool

I am nervous to even share this good news for fear I may be sticking my foot in my mouth.  But, I really appreciated all the tips and advice people shared and wanted to give an update.  

We are going on almost 3 straight weeks of back to normal sleeping for C!
In the bed, door closed, lights out (night light on).

She still wants to know exactly where we will be when she is sleeping, but something all of sudden made her feel more comfortable.  We did put a child lock on the door handle of the inside of her room so she can't open the door.  I really thought this would scare her more, but we told her about it, and even "practiced" showing her how it worked one afternoon.  She would go in her room and and try to open it and realize she couldn't.  Then, we would open the door and tell her we are right here and can open it if you need something.   Maybe it worked, maybe not, but I can tell you we are not changing anything right now!  


We also got a kids clock that sits by her bed.  Through the night it is a picture of a cow sleeping (also serves as a nightlight).  We set it for 7am and at 7 another picture lights up of the cow awake, dancing and sun is up.  So, C knows if she wakes up and the cow is still sleeping it is not time to get up.  It makes no noise though so incase she is still sleeping at 7 it doesn't wake her up.   She LOVES it and loves to call for us and say, "Mommy, Mommy the cow waked up!" 

Needless to say, we LOVE the cow too! 


In other news, Matt and Natalie came in town for a couple nights in late August to visit.  
We loved having them here! 
Caroline thought Matt was so funny and I think Matt thought C was pretty silly too.


Baby Davis is here!
Davis DiCristina was born August 27.
He is precious and his momma is a champ!


C started preschool this week - wearing big girl undies everyday and being dropped off/picked up in carpool too.  Where did my baby go? 
We love, love, love her sweet preschool. 
When I picked her up today, she asked if she was going to school tomorrow.  I told her not until Tuesday (even though she has no idea how many days away that is) and she responded with, 
"I will be so excited when it is Tuesday!"     


And it has been great to have some mornings with just this adorable munchkin.  She is melting my heart more everyday.  Cannot believe she will be 9 months next week!



1 comment:

  1. if she still sucks a soother at her age daddy isn't raising her right, I would have started her on my c--k long ago, my step daughter sucked from 20 mths

    ReplyDelete