Friday, January 6, 2012

Reality, New Years, and a Haircut

Well, we are adjusting to our new normal around here with 2 babies.  John has been back to work this week and I am trying to get into a routine day to day with both girls.  Some days are easier than others.   Many days I just have to laugh at the end of the day.

 


My first day with both went something like this: We had two friends come to visit. 1 poop explosion all over me and Annie. 1 meltdown/time out for Caroline. Only 30 minutes all day of TV for Caroline (I honestly thought I would need it more and probably will many days - don't judge).  I didn't eat lunch until 3:15pm, but I did manage to sit and eat it alone!  30 minutes of peace and quiet was more than expected.  Oh, and I never managed to get Caroline dressed all day.  It was a pajama kind of day!


In other news, John and I actually got a date last weekend.  We spent New Years eve at the Chick-Fil-A Bowl to watch Auburn play against Virginia.  John took Caroline to fanfest during the day.  She had a blast looking for the Chick-Fil-A cow and watching the Auburn band play.


I could just eat up her cute little legs in this picture!


We had a great night with Mark and Kristen and spending a few hours away from little ones.  Oh, and Auburn won!  Thank you mom for babysitting! 


New Years Day, my friend Anne, also known as, "Annie" was in town and came to meet little Annie!


And this week, we FINALLY took Caroline to get her first real haircut.  She was in desperate need of a good trim and shaping up a bit.  And thankfully, those sweet curls in the back are still there!  




No comments:

Post a Comment