Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sisters

Sorry guys, there are lots of pictures in this post.

John brought Caroline to the hospital to meet Annie last Monday afternoon.  Caroline was thrilled.  I love these pictures that capture her as she walks in the door.


Caroline sleeps with a little duck and so a while ago we bought this giraffe for Caroline to give to the baby when he/she arrived.  




So curious and trying to figure everything out.  C even started looking for her toes under the blanket.  



She loves to pat her head full of hair.  


She was dying to hold her...


and it lasted about 10 seconds when Caroline told me, "Annie too heavy, Mommy's turn." 



Ready to hold her again.



Once we got all the pictures, Caroline realized Annie brought her a present too.  


And after that, the school bus was the big hit!


I pray these girls will grow up loving each other and will be not only sisters, but wonderful friends. 


Forgot to mention in the last post where Annie's name came from.  Annie Elizabeth is my grandmother's name ( my mom's mom).  She is my only grandparent still living and I have always loved her name.  My middle name is also Elizabeth (named for the same grandmother).  So, it is very special to continue this name in our family too.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh these pictures are adorable. Such a sweet moment! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete