Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Charleston and the Masters

This weekend was only my second visit to Charleston and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite southern cities. Here is why:
  • The city is on the water (and has great beaches nearby)
  • Fresh seafood
  • Very southern
  • Plenty of history and charm
  • Not too big and not too small
  • Fun markets and shopping
We were in town with John's family for his cousin's wedding. We enjoyed all of the above Charleston has to offer plus a carriage ride tour around downtown, looking at houses in the battery, and of course celebrating the bride and groom. I love John's family. All his extended family from VA were in town they are a fun and crazy bunch! Congrats and Best Wishes to Robert and Ashley!

I could have taken a million pictures of all the precious Charleston homes downtown.
As well as the larger homes on the battery too.

I was in love with all the flowers!
Wedding Festivities with some of the girl cousins

And ever since I met John the second weekend in April has become one of my most favorite times of the year. You can read more here on why I love this event so much. This year was no different than any other (except it was blazing hot)!
A beautiful day and some very exciting golf!

1 comment:

  1. Grant's from Augusta... I totally understand loving the Master's ;)

    ReplyDelete